Skip to main content

Hit Reset - No Excuse November

Sooo much candy in our house. How does this happen? We're a very healthy house until October rolls around and the child hauls home 20 pounds of candy. Then it's cake and ice cream for her birthday, and then it's Thanksgiving, and the loads of treats at work... Sound familiar?

It's hard to stick with healthy eating and exercise this time of year. I rarely stray from the working out part. But it's cold and dark and all the feelings rush in. I miss my mom so much this time of year. She LOVED fall and the holidays. And made everything fun and special for us. We lost her to cancer in 2001, and every year I feel my heart aching. I find myself nibbling on things I don't touch the rest of the year. But that does not make anything feel better.

Working out in the morning, and getting out for a walk or run with my dog always helps. I did a lunchtime run today and it was just what I needed to clear my head. So now it's time to bring the good eating back. A few days or weeks of less than ideal eating should not turn into to months. It's time to get back to water first, veggies most, meal prepping like it's my job, self-care, saying no to over-scheduling, and remembering why I'm dedicated to living a healthy life.

I'm gearing up with some other coaches the Monday after Thanksgiving for a 3-day program to hit reset. I'm excited to try this with a group to keep me accountable. It's a sensible plan meant to reset the system and break the cycle of bad eating. You eat clean meals and snacks, shakes and extra fiber.  I'm also jumping into my second round of a 13-week program soon.

No Excuse November is a great time to reset and get a jump on your new healthier lifestyle before the new year. You can save $20 on all challenge packs that include workouts and nutrition programs. Want to join me?

Comments