Skip to main content

Schedule Things That Make You Happy

A friend posted a question in a group I belong to, asking what we could add to our schedule more often that makes us happy.

I read a lot of great ideas - connecting with friends, going to movies, reading, drinking delicious teas, and getting things OFF the schedule to free up time for fun.

I shared that I want to schedule dates with my husband. I like the guy, and we rarely get time alone to connect. And we're terrible about asking for help. The thought of trying to find a sitter frequently stops us in our tracks.

Real thoughts from last Wednesday, "I'd love to see this concert at First Ave. We'd need a sitter. I don't know who we'd ask. Guess I'll go make dinner."

I need to make a plan, so I started a list of ideas that morning. Most involve eating food indoors since we already have snow on the ground. This exercise has me dreaming of summer though - picnics, kayaking, fish tacos at Sea Salt.

I live by my calendar and OneNote lists. By the end of this week I'll pick a day each month for a date, now through December 2019. I'll send my husband calendar invitations. If it's on the calendar, we'll find a sitter and make it happen!

What are your favorite winter date ideas?

Comments