Skip to main content

Let Go to Start Fresh

Blue background with fireworks. Let go. Start fresh. Let go of your limiting beliefs.
We're almost to the finish line. Just a few days left in 2018. This month, I've spent a lot of time reflecting back on all the good stuff, and all of the challenges of the year. And I've been cleaning. A lot. Partly because the cold germs have hit our house, and partly as a way to let go of the past. I want to welcome 2019 with a fresh start and clear goals.

I've cleaned out years of old notebooks from a job I loved long ago, but needed to move on from. I've cleaned out baby clothes and gear I'd held onto, fully accepting that life is perfect as it is. I've donated old clothes of mine that are too big, because I'm only moving forward. I've scrubbed surfaces because eeewww, and unsubscribed from email lists that clutter my inbox daily.

Yesterday, we let go of a decade-old laptop. Next to it on a post-it note, I'd written two things in the morning:
Backup - laptop and phone
Stuff I need - New laptop

The laptop officially died before the backup. I waited a day too long. Oopsie. Geek Squad will do what they can, but I'm surprisingly not panicked about what I may have lost. I'm actually pretty pumped to start fresh.

Now, I'm typing away on a new laptop my husband bought me. I can actually load emails and websites without waiting for several minutes… I can't believe we didn't do this years ago.

This feels like a symbolic event in my life. My husband is a man of few words, but I know he was excited to do this for me. I've been working really hard this year to set myself up as a virtual fitness and nutrition coach. He knows the hours I've put in, outside my full-time job. He knows the imposter syndrome I'm finally letting go of, and the fears of what others will think as I pursue this. He believes in what I'm doing and wants to help me help others.

It's time to let go of limiting beliefs that keep us from pursuing a better life and reaching our goals. What are you letting go of in these final days? What do you want to achieve in 2019? Are you ready to create healthier habits the new year?

Let's talk about your fresh start. I'm here to provide ideas and accountability. Fill out the form below to get started.

Name

Email *

Message *