Skip to main content

Celebrating Success: Reflecting Back on the Year

Do you take time to look back on all that you’ve achieved in a week, a month, or the past year? I’m not so great at this, but I’m putting more effort into it these days.

Photo of running medals and running race bibs on a medal hanger and I usually finish a project, or achieve a goal, and I’m on to the next thing. Never stopping to celebrate all of the hard work that went into it. Or to think about the lessons I could learn.

What should I do differently? What should I do more of that worked well?

Sometimes I get caught up in what I didn’t get done, spending too much energy trying to catch up, or focusing on the “mom fails” of the day.

What if we focused instead on the things we did do?

Pause. Take a breath, and look back. Think about how much you’ve accomplished this year!

It can feel pretty amazing to write it all down. I use OneNote to capture my thoughts so I can look back over several years.

What positive things have you done to improve your life? What can you learn? What are you most proud of and why?  How can you do more of that? How will you celebrate?