Skip to main content

Building Strength and Connection Through Fitness

Runner after crossing the marathon finish line, wearing medal, race bib, and heat wrap
Here I am at the finish line of my 10th marathon last May. The Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon is beautiful, flat and fast. I've been on a break from races, mainly heading out with my dog for short runs, or when I really need to think and sweat off some stress.

The other day I saw an email about one of my favorite spring races. I signed up on the spot. I almost always opt for the half-marathon, but I wanted the 10K this year. It's the perfect distance for spring. I'll have time to build my mileage up slowly, test out the hamstrings, and get some hills in.

Since May, I've dialed in my nutrition and completely switched gears to focus on building strength, healing aches and pains, and toning up.

Even though I just put an April race on the calendar, I’ll keep doing workout programs at home leading up to it. I know the strength I have now is what I was lacking as a runner in the past - both physically and mentally.

Along this new route to fitness, I've found a team of people who cheer me on and give me confidence. They're sprinkled across the country, but we connect virtually every week, and daily lately, as we work through a January challenge together. We build each other up, share ideas, and keep each other accountable. We're all different shapes, sizes, and ages, at a variety of fitness levels, working through our individual physical limitations, work/life challenges, and juggling ALL the many things in our lives.

I'm on week 6 of a 13-week program, others are on day 4 of a 6-week program, but we're in this together. I'm so happy I'm a part of something that's positive, and good for me physically and mentally. We all need support, accountability, and friendship. We will welcome you with open arms…really strong arms.

Want to join us? Reach out for info:

Name

Email *

Message *



Comments