Skip to main content

LIIFT4 done!

I finished my last LIIFT4 workout! For me, finishing a Beachbody program brings up all the feels that marathons do. All of the time, sweat, and hard work paid off in gains in confidence, strength and mobility, and loss of inches. 8 weeks flew by, and I'm stronger than ever. I wanted to share some thoughts for anyone thinking about LIIFT4.

Shorter workouts
LIIFT4 workouts are 30 to 40 minutes. It's fast-paced and you're done before you know it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED 80 Day Obsession. It was my first Beachbody program, and I never minded that a lot of the workouts were 60 minutes. But, when I started LIIFT4, my work life and personal life were hectic. I was juggling too many projects, my husband was traveling regularly, and we changed up routines when our daughter started Kindergarten.

Fewer days

LIIFT4 is only four workouts a week for eight weeks. I tried to stick to Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. The program is designed with rest days Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.

Flexibility

It's easy to shift workouts around. If you're heading out of town on a Friday, you can do a Monday through Thursday schedule. My coworker likes weekend workouts, so she scheduled them Saturday, Sunday and two weekdays.

My husband is on week six. With his travel schedule last month, he moved workouts around quite a bit, and according to his bulging biceps and triceps, it's working just fine . . . He's working long days lately, and he can get a workout in at lunch or 10 pm.

On a lot of the rest days, I still had energy to burn. I took rest days as an opportunity to foam roll, stretch, and try other Beachbody workouts like Core De Force, 3 Week Yoga Retreat, PiYo, A Little More Obsessed, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and T25. Some days I did a long run along the river.

Old school lifting

LIIFT4 has simple moves with free weights that I've known and loved since I first started lifting in high school sports. Doing the same moves consistently over the eight weeks allowed me to see major strength gains. Joel mixes up the order of the moves each week. This confused me at first when filling out the tracking sheet, but after the first week, I liked the added challenge.

HIIT

High intensity interval training is no joke and makes you sweat! The combination of weights and HIIT felt more satisfying than just lifting. The moves didn't feel too complicated.

Core

You think you're done with the workout and then . . . Core is a major focus of LIIFT4, which I liked. I didn't want to lose the core gains I had from 80 Day Obsession. The moves are simple, but they are tough!

Hitting pause

Some workouts seemed so fast-paced. Or was I just sleepy? I don't know why I resisted pausing at first. Eventually I decided to just do it when I needed to, and move on. Sometimes I had to pause because I was behind on the moves. Other times, I needed more time to find the workouts on the tracking sheets, and write down my weights.

Ready to LIIFT4?

See what's included, and check out before and after pics from LIIFT4

Comments