Skip to main content

A Push Down the Driveway

I tried to meet Mark for lunch, but the Saturn wouldn't start. Had a few lights appear, but she was stuck in the garage. My hero of a husband came home and saved me. After a nice push down the driveway with the butt of my SC2 hanging out into the middle of the street we gave her a jump. And by "we" I mean Mark. Naturally I first pictured a few tragedies:

1) Me rolling uncontrollably down the driveway into oncoming traffic
2) Mark and Amy blowing up both of our cars as he revs the engine and I turn the key to mine

Disaster averted, and back to Steve's Tire & Auto we went. I just bought tires there a couple weeks ago. I think I may have them over for a BBQ soon now that we're on a first-name basis and they have all of my money.

Oh well. We went to al Vento for lunch and a glass of house white wine, a crab cake, and a beet salad later, I'm feeling much better. Wasn't quite what I had in mind for my day off, but it'll do.

Comments