Skip to main content

Go Cubs Go

After another crazy weekend in Chicago, I need to get back on track. We went to my very first game at Wrigley on Sunday. Ever heard the catchy, but annoying Cubs song? It's been in my head for days now. Go Cubs go . . . Cripes - there it is again.


Mark was able to reunite with the Starbucks apple fritter for 2 consecutive days, and we had a lot of quality time with our friend, Jackie, who took care of us and fed us well.

I have today off to recover and to try to salvage our very thirsty garden in this sweltering heat.

Meeting Mark for lunch, and then I think I'll workout and plan a nice dinner for us. It will be hard to beat sister Beth's fabulous Labor Day feast of grilled salmon and succotash though.

Last week I made a great recipe from the September issue of Cooking Light that my dad and I just loved - Beef Daube Provencal. I'm not afraid to make it again this week.

Comments