Skip to main content

My Top 5 Kitchen Toys

Anyone who cooks has their favorite kitchen tools and appliances. Here are some that make cooking easier and much more fun at our house.

KitchenAid Mixer
I have the pretty standard version without too many bells & whistles, but it's my absolute favorite kitchen toy. Mine is white, but they now come in a variety of fun colors.

Cookie Scoop
My cookie scoop from Cooks of Crocus Hill is great for making the perfect oatmeal chocolate chip cookie or Brandy Chocolate Truffles.

Apple Wedger
I'm a little lazy when it comes to cutting apples and pears, but this tool is fantastic! We eat apples pretty much everyday now since we received the apple wedger for Christmas a few years ago.

Le Creuset Dutch Oven
My cute little brown dutch oven is fantastic for searing short ribs and roasts. I also make the No Knead Bread in it and it looks great on our shelf in our brown kitchen.

Wusthof Knives
So far I have a pairing knife and a 6" Grand Prix Cook's Knife. You can't beat a Wusthof, but don't ever put them in the dishwasher! It takes the edge off the knife and can warp the blade. Another tip is to use a wooden or a nice softer plastic cutting board so it won't dull the knives.

Comments