Skip to main content

Healing

Today I visited my physical therapist for a check-up. I hadn't been there since May, right before the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon. I kept meaning to check-in, but life really happens sometimes, and we put off some of our favorite and most productive forms of self care for 4+months. Oopsie.

I was a little nervous, but excited to see the results of my hard work this summer. I know I'm the strongest I've been since my 20s, thanks to 80 Day Obsession, my PT exercises that I'm still very dedicated to fitting in, and now LIIFT4. But I wasn't sure how the healing and strength were in the hamstring that had hurt so badly after an injury in March.

My PT confirmed that my hard work paid off, and I felt pretty proud. No dry needling or lasers needed today. There was no need for "therapy," and we could finally start adding exercises just focused on isolating the hamstrings.

I think I should always have some sort of a coach in my life, whatever form they take - online nutrition and health coach, a midwife coaching me through drug-free childbirth (TMI?), my Beachbody coach, or a physical therapist - someone to push me to do things I didn't think I could do, and to teach me things I'd never figure out on my own.

Comments