Skip to main content

A Truly Italian Dinner . . .

I must admit I'm a bit jealous of my boss and her husband who are vacationing in Italy-my very favorite place to visit.

She writes, "I thought you’d like to know that this is the usual order for a truly Italian dinner. The surprising part is that the salad FOLLOWS the entrĂ©e!

1. Appetizers: Bruschetta and Beans and greens and onion
2. Soup dish (more like a stew actually)
3. Pasta dish
4. Pasta dish
5. Beef slices
6. Salad
7. Lemon dessert
8. Espresso

. . . don’t forget the wine!"

I asked her about her favorites so far.

"Tonight we had a fabulous lemon chiffon type pie that was served on top of a ¼ inch yellow cake base. Very light after a heavy meal of so many courses. The prosciutto seems to be different than in the U.S., much lighter. Every place in Florence charges a cover charge of 2-3 Euro per person, even for lunch. Seems strange to me because there is no music provided. I have yet to figure out what the cover charge is supposed to cover. The waiter tells us it has been this way for a very long time and every restaurant does this."

I can't wait to hear about the rest of their eating and sight-seeing adventures.

Comments