Skip to main content

What's in My Daily Shake?

It took me months to place that first order.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
I hovered, watching my high school friend drink her shake every morning.
What's in that thing?⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
As a marathoner and lover of all things fitness, I felt like I should have it ALL figured out.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
I could get to the start AND the finish line of every race I signed up for. ⁣
But when it came to nutrition, I needed help.⁣⁣⁣

Um, running can make you really hungry.
Like eat everything-in-the-cupboard-and-fridge hungry.⁣⁣⁣
Even marathoners can put on pounds during an intense 16-week training program.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
I didn't feel great and wanted my nutrition to match my activity level.⁣⁣⁣

I wanted more energy for my workday and for mom stuff.⁣⁣⁣

So I did my own research, instead of messaging my super smart and fit high school friend.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
It's fine. Talking to people is scary.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Then I got over myself and sent her a message.⁣
What's 1 month anyway?⁣⁣⁣
1 month to see if it was right for my body. ⁣⁣
I had nothing to lose.⁣⁣⁣
She told me I could get my money back even if I used the whole bag.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Well virtual friends, I'm approaching my 2-year anniversary of drinking a daily shake.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
What do I love?⁣⁣⁣
For one thing, I thrive on routine.
Sometimes I change the fruits and veggies I add, but I make it around the same time everyday - after I workout.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
I'm not hungry until lunch.⁣⁣⁣
I can take it with me - to mom stuff, work stuff, while traveling, or in my kayak.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
It's not your standard protein shake.⁣⁣⁣
It has 9 essential amino acids (that our bodies can't make), vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, phytonutrients and adaptogens.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
My meal in a cup supports my energy, digestion, and helps curb those cravings I used to have.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Most importantly, it guarantees that I FEEL GOOD and I'm getting what I need to fuel my day.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
The best investment I can make is in my health.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Maybe you’re like me and need some time to hover and do your research.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣
When you're ready to give it a month to see how different you’ll feel, I'm here for you!

Give Shakeology a Month

I also recommend this Ninja blender.

Comments

  1. Hi Amy, this sounds great but I tried all the healthy shake mixtures and my fav ingredient is mint leaves however, I have a voracious appetite so i'm hungry 30mins after. I'm not fat but I need to drop some weight though. I need a vegetable shake that will reduce how hungry I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ninette - I'd love to send you some information. There are so many great ways to make a shake so it's filling and doesn't leave you feeling hungry. Can you please fill out the form on this page and enter your email address so I can send you details?
      https://minneapolistastebuds.blogspot.com/p/about.html

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy, thanks a bunch though I can't find any form to fill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ninette - One of the ways I make a shake more filling is to add a cup of veggies - frozen or fresh, such as spinach or frozen cauliflower rice. I also add a teaspoon of nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, sun butter). A good protein will also help make your shake more satisfying. I use a superfood powder that contains a quality source of protein. All of this plus a serving of fruit, water, and ice keeps me full until lunch. Instead of water, you can use unsweetened coconut, almond, or flax milk depending on what you like. If you comment with your email address I'll send you a link with info.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment