Skip to main content

Eating On The Run - Need Carb Advice

We did our 16-mile training run on Saturday. Holy wind. I was cursing mother nature, especially around 14.5 miles when the backs of my legs started screaming at me. I drank a lot of water & Ultima Replenisher, but it wasn't nearly enough. I checked the label when I got home, "Cripes! There are only 3 g carbs per serving!"

So, I'm looking for some advice on what to eat during the rest of my very long, long runs and during Grandma's Marathon.

I'd like something, preferably not in GU form (it's a texture thing), that won't upset the stomach. Someone at Yoga suggested Clif Shot Blocks, which I'm open to. Gummy, fruity - what could be better? But I'm confused on which one to try - caffeinated or decaf. Who knew there were so many options?

GUs, performance drinks, chewy things, jelly beans - I'm officially overwhelmed.

Comments

  1. Amy - love the blog. I am sure you have read this in your marathon book, but have you been eating bananas pre-run and all week long? I read somewhere when I was training that the body needs the potassium in the bananas and helps with the leg cramps. I always ate one right before a long run. It's worth a try, unless you hate bananas! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the banana tip, Angie! I'll definitely try that before our next long run.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment