Skip to main content

Show Up for Yourself so You Can Show Up for Others

So, life happens and we can't control that. I'm trying to live more in the present, and less in the past and future. "Do what you are doing" is one of my new mantras.
Photo of my mom and dad back in their skiing days.

Monday took an unexpected turn. My dad went into the hospital and we're going on day seven tomorrow. He’s no stranger to hospitals at 82 with a variety pack of health challenges.

A year ago I’d have lost it. Stressing about what it could be and how the heck we’d figure things out and rearrange life. I was calm when my sister called. I didn’t run out of work in a panic like I would have in the past. When I drove to the hospital I listened to Girl Stop Apologizing. I listened to it on the way home.

Each day, I still get up to do my personal development and get a workout in before the rest of the family gets up. I still do my meal prep so I can bring healthy meals and snacks for myself to the hospital.

I know I need to keep showing up for myself, so I can show up for others.

My coaching team has taught me that personal development will keep me going when life gets hard.

I'm also tapping into my gratitude journal. Today, I'm grateful for my family, friends, good healthcare, my coaching team, members of my challenge group, and others who support me in life.

Comments