Skip to main content

We All Have a Day One

We've all had a day one. Where I am today is not where I was when I started.

I’m heading to Orlando for my annual trip with my amazing cousins. We represent three different decades. We laugh and we give each other crap. It feels good to completely relax. Escaping a very snowy Minneapolis feels pretty great too!

I didn’t have time to workout this morning. When I started these at home programs last summer, that would’ve stressed me out. Now though, I know how to shift things around. I’ve developed my own strategies, know how to get creative, and have toned down the pressure I put on myself to do it “the right way.”

I skipped the Sunday rest day to get a workout ahead. I’ll fit in the other three workouts for the week when it fits while I’m on vacation.

Not knowing whether I’ll have access to weights would’ve thrown me. I brought my resistance loops and slides along. If I need to do a phase I workout with only loops and no weights rather than phase III for glute day, it’s all good. I loved that workout anyway. If I need to double up and do two-a-days one day, I know I have the strength and endurance.

Day one of anything will feel challenging and overwhelming. It will get easier. It will all make sense. I believe that you have it in you to keep moving forward.

Comments