Skip to main content

Training for New York City Marathon

Mark and I are getting very excited for the New York City Marathon on November 7! We can't believe we both got in.

I recently starting doing long runs with a friend, which makes training so much more fun. We finished the 13.1 Minneapolis Half-Marathon today and it was great! We had nice weather, a lot of shade along a beautiful course, and wonderful volunteers. Mark and Scout came out to cheer us on. Scout and I will have a much needed nap very soon. Golf is on now so that should help!

It's been a good summer of running, but I'm really looking forward to cooler temps and less humidity. Some of my mid-week runs have been pretty icky. The Red White & Boom on July 4 was very fun, but tough due to the heat and humidity. Thankfully it rained!

I have a shorter run next weekend and then the miles will start to jump quite a bit. Sticking with the Marathoning for Mortals plan, but I've learned to modify it when I need to. I don't like cutting back on long runs quite as much as they recommend and I'll add a mile or 2 on to some of the mid-week morning runs if I get myself out the door in time! I love speed day Wednesdays and feel lucky to have so many great training routes to choose from close to home. Today's race was no exception!

I'm running Women Run the Cities next month and am going to volunteer at a couple races this fall. I think it's definitely time to give back to the running community, which has given me so much.

We have our flight booked, hotel reserved, and just need to figure out how to get from our hotel to the ferry to the start in New York City!

Comments